Vegetable juice diet to lose weight
- A better alternative to any juicer is a Vitamix Blender, as all the pulp and fiber goes into the beverage.
- For fruits, you can always use a hand juicer. While not as fast and easy to use as an electric juicer, they have the benefit of providing a bit of exercise.
- For vegetables, you can puree them in a food processor or blender, and mix with water, to taste.
- Using dark greens such as spinach, cabbage, broccoli, carrots, celery, asparagus, and cucumber, you can create combinations to increase your vitamin intake further. They are great for any weight loss regimen and to detoxify (internal cleansing).
- Celery, asparagus, and cucumber are diuretics as well, if you need to lose water weight, while garlic is good for blood pressure.
- Be sure to strain infused juice, unless you like swallowing peppercorns!
- Serve up a tomato juice cocktail as a Bloody Mary without the vodka, complete with garnish and a splash of Tobasco.
- Who knows, you might even love it so much you'll become a vegetarian!
- Avoid bottled fruit juices (ex: Tropicana, Minute Maid, etc.); they are high in sugar content.
- Keep away from coriander and basil, which are herbs that can stimulate your appetite.
- Don't drink more than 2 oz. of undiluted green vegetable juice at a time or you will have unpleasant digestive symptoms.
- Try acai berry juice. It is very good for weight loss.
Playing free is an excellent way to try new approaches and polish your own roulette skills.
You might also like:
I'd like to share my weight-loss success story2006-01-31 13:18:46 by FatboyGettingSlimmer
I lost over 40 lbs last year, and I am continuing to lose weight, only not as fast as before.This is how I lost the weight:
- A low-fat/higher-than normal protein diet
- Bike riding for cardio exercise
- Calisthenics to strengthen and tone my muscles as the weight dropped
The low-fat diet followed this general guideline:
- Very little-to-no cheese in the food I eat (low-fat yogurt and 2% milk for dairy products for protein/calcium and iron)
- Very little-to-no redmeats (chicken, eggs, fish and legumes for protein sources)
- No soft drinks, period
Consider a juice fast instead like carrot juice2009-05-06 13:38:14 by --------
Then at least you'll be getting vitamins, a little fiber and fructose.
The ingredients in Master Cleanse are harsh on tooth enamel and your stomach especially all that lemon juice. The molasses will spike your blood sugar. People lose weight on that diet because it makes them sick to their stomach so the body purges everything. The laxative tea and salt water makes people sicker than the lemonade.
The cayenne pepper isn't bad because cayenne soothes the digestive tract but you can add cayenne pepper to a vegetable juice fast. Buy a juicer. Juice is a healthier way to detox and it's not going to make you sick and nauseous.
NEWBIE and trying new diet Comments???2008-06-30 13:38:20 by mommy_wantstolose
My name is Karen ad I am 32 mother of one and married 10 years now. I am starting a diet today lol and would like to see if anyone knows this diet and have comments or ideas. This is the first diet I have tried in years and need to lose alot of weight. I have a hubby who is not supportive at all about me losing weight so I am looking for a place online to get support and offer support also.
Here is a copy of the diet.
New Mayo clinic Diet
in 2 and a half months you shold lose 52 lbs
HALF A GRAPFRUIT OR JUICE 6OZ (UNSWEETENED)
2 EGGS ANY STYLE
2 SLICES OF BACON
HALF A GRAPFRUIT OR JUICE 6OZ (UNSWEETENED)
SALAD WITH ANY DRESSING
MEAT, ANY STYLE, ANY AMOUNT
HALF A GRAPFRUIT OR JUICE 6OZ...
Leafy greens2011-11-16 18:08:49 by Otto_Negme
"Eat a normal, healthy diet with the same amount of foods that contain vitamin K; ask your doctor or pharmacist for a list of foods that contain vitamin K. Be sure to talk to your doctor before you make any changes in your diet or try to gain or lose weight. Do not eat large amounts of leafy, green vegetables or certain vegetable oils, such as soybean or canola, that contain large amounts of vitamin K. Avoid juice or products that contain cranberries. Ask your doctor about eating licorice while taking warfarin."
40 Juicing Recipes For Weight Loss and Healthy Living (Juicer Recipes Book)
Amazing Grass All Natural Drink Powder, Green Superfood, 8.5-Ounce Container
Grocery (Amazing Grass)
Juicing Recipes for Weight Loss: Lose Weight, Gain Energy And Improve Health with Delicious Juice Recipes
Book (CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform)
Juicing Recipes: Learn How To Juice For Diet & Weight Loss!
Mobile Application (AmazingApps)