Vegetables food Wiki
Health and Nutrition Benefits of Vegetables - Food Groups - ChooseMyPlate.gov - USDA
Skip to this page’s content
Skip topic-level nagivation
Eating vegetables provides health benefits – people who eat more vegetables and fruits as part of an overall healthy diet are likely to have a reduced risk of some chronic diseases. Vegetables provide nutrients vital for health and maintenance of your body.
- Eating a diet rich in vegetables and fruits as part of an overall healthy diet may reduce risk for heart disease, including heart attack and stroke.
- Eating a diet rich in some vegetables and fruits as part of an overall healthy diet may protect against certain types of cancers.
- Diets rich in foods containing fiber, such as some vegetables and fruits, may reduce the risk of heart disease, obesity, and type 2 diabetes.
- Eating vegetables and fruits rich in potassium as part of an overall healthy diet may lower blood pressure, and may also reduce the risk of developing kidney stones and help to decrease bone loss.
- Eating foods such as vegetables that are lower in calories per cup instead of some other higher-calorie food may be useful in helping to lower calorie intake.
Most vegetables are naturally low in fat and calories. None have cholesterol. (Sauces or seasonings may add fat, calories, or cholesterol.)
Бесплатные слоты игровые слоты - burgerstudio.ru
Doctor's Best Suntheanine L-Theanine (150mg) Vegetable Capsules, 90-Count
Health and Beauty (Doctor's Best)
You might also like:
From wikipedia2010-08-16 09:44:58 by oldradiogal
But i just reread it, and it appears i was mistaken:
The noun vegetable usually means an edible plant or part of a plant other than a sweet fruit or seed. This usually means the leaf, stem, or root of a plant.
However, the word is not scientific, and its meaning is largely based on culinary and cultural tradition. Therefore, the application of the word is somewhat arbitrary and subjective. For example, some people consider mushrooms to be vegetables, while others consider them a separate food category.
i don't understand why people always talk about tomatoes being fruit, but never cucumbers. honestly, i find the whole debate very silly.
Community Awareness: Food Irradiation2011-10-01 05:17:35 by maztersav333
Food Sterilization Irradiation is currently permitted by over 50 countries, and the volume of food treated is estimated to exceed 500,000 metric tons annually worldwide.
Irradiation is the process of exposing food to ionizing radiation to destroy microorganisms, bacteria, viruses, or insects that might be present in the food. Usually the term irradiation is used to descrive the exposure of inatmatite materials to radiation to achieve a mechanical or technical goal. Food irradiation also includes the re-hydration and delayed ripening of fruits and vegetables and striking plant seeds or germplasms by radiation in the form of X-rays, UV waves, heavy-ion...
There are no miracle weight loss foods2013-03-20 07:11:09 by Pete_C
Gambooge extracts are an ingredient in some herbal weight loss, appetite suppressant, and energy products. A meta-analysis found a possible short-term small effect (under 1 kilogram), but also adverse effects that led to one preparation being withdrawn from the market.[
A 1998 randomized controlled trial looked at the effects of garcinia as a potential antiobesity agent in 135 people. The conclusion from this trial was that the pills were no better than placebo for weight and fat loss.
As noted, it is traditionally known for making meals more filling; and some con artist translated this into it being a miracle weight loss food
2 Lbs of Azomite - Organic Trace Mineral Soil Additive Fertilizer - Handy Pantry Brand - 67 Trace Minerals: Selenium, Vanadium, Chromium
Lawn & Patio (Handy Pantry)