Vegetables food for healthy
Health and Nutrition Benefits of Vegetables - Food Groups - ChooseMyPlate.gov - USDA
Skip to this page’s content
Skip topic-level nagivation
Eating vegetables provides health benefits – people who eat more vegetables and fruits as part of an overall healthy diet are likely to have a reduced risk of some chronic diseases. Vegetables provide nutrients vital for health and maintenance of your body.
- Eating a diet rich in vegetables and fruits as part of an overall healthy diet may reduce risk for heart disease, including heart attack and stroke.
- Eating a diet rich in some vegetables and fruits as part of an overall healthy diet may protect against certain types of cancers.
- Diets rich in foods containing fiber, such as some vegetables and fruits, may reduce the risk of heart disease, obesity, and type 2 diabetes.
- Eating vegetables and fruits rich in potassium as part of an overall healthy diet may lower blood pressure, and may also reduce the risk of developing kidney stones and help to decrease bone loss.
- Eating foods such as vegetables that are lower in calories per cup instead of some other higher-calorie food may be useful in helping to lower calorie intake.
Most vegetables are naturally low in fat and calories. None have cholesterol. (Sauces or seasonings may add fat, calories, or cholesterol.)
what special day is it today
Monterey LG6135 Garden Insect Spray Contains Spinosad, 32-Ounce
Lawn & Patio (Monterey)
You might also like:
I'm all for awareness, but2005-02-04 14:28:00 by no_ribbons
If people took personal responsibility for their lives, their choices, their actions, we wouldn't need to have so much friggin' "awareness." people seem to act like getting heart disease or getting infected with the HIV virus is unavoidable...criminy...take some responsiblity. if you smoke and get lung cancer, it's no one else's fault; if you eat fast food and gain weight, it's no one else's fault, if you don't wear a condom and get an STD or HIV, it's no one else's fault; if you eat a high fat and salt diet, avoid fruits and vegetables, avoid an active lifestyle and develop heart disease, it's no one else's fault
Diet food2010-06-30 08:56:36 by Jewel0523
Is not necessarily about low fat. Its about balanced foods that include healthy fat in moderation (important for so many reasons including satiety, fat soluble vitamins, normal body function, heart health), lots of vegetables, whole grains in moderation and lean proteins.
That being said "Diet" side dishes are abound.
Roasted cauliflower dressed with a drizzle of olive oil and curry powder
chickpea, cucumber, red onion, bit of feta, red and green pepper, tomato, oregano, lemon juice, salad
Slice of whole grain bread topped with chopped tomato, basil, onion
options are endless. Try cookinglight.com for many more options.
The Insect Invasion
TV Series Episode Video on Demand ()
Garden Tech Sevin Garden Bug Killer and Home Perimeter Granules, 2.5-Pound
Lawn & Patio (CENTRAL Garden & Pet)
Beast system supplements 4tabx5packs
Health and Beauty (MARUMAN)
Easy Gardener 6030 BirdBlock 28-by-28-Foot Netting
Lawn & Patio (Easy Gardener)