Vegetables diet weight gain
- About 60 percent of your daily calories should be from carbohydrates.
- Add a serving of grains, such as white rice or oatmeal, to each meal. Have a slice of toast or bread with your meal.
- Try eating a pasta-based dish to help you get carbohydrates and gain weight.
- Aim to eat about 10 percent of your calories in protein.
- Beans and nuts are quality sources of protein for a vegetarian diet, as are eggs. Try adding 1/2 cup (71 g) of blacks beans to a serving of rice. You can also mash the beans into a baked potato. If you eat eggs, top rice and greens with a poached or fried egg.
- Low-fat strained yogurt is another good source of vegetarian protein if you eat dairy. Try a serving of yogurt alongside a bowl of cereal in the morning.
- Try drinking a smoothie made with soy milk, peanut or almond butter, and a handful of frozen fruit.
- A handful of nuts, such as almonds or walnuts, between meals is a great source of protein and healthy fats. Nuts contain polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats, which are considered heart healthy in moderation. Some nuts, such as walnuts, are also high in omega-3 fatty acids, which are needed for brain and eye health.
- Fat has 9 calories per gram, which is more than twice amount of calories found in 1 gram of protein or carbohydrates.
- Olive oil and vegetable oils such as canola or safflower oils are low in saturated fats but high in monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats.
- Avocados, seeds, and nuts are other good sources of healthy fats for a vegetarian diet.
- Eat a small, 1-ounce (28-g) serving of cheese daily to help put on weight.
- For example, eat raisins instead of grapes to get more calories. Avoid grape juice, which is high in sugar but low in other nutrients.
- Although junk foods such as soda, chips, and candy are high in calories and are usually vegetarian, eating them to put on weight is usually not a good idea. They are high in sugar and fat and low in beneficial nutrients.
- Consult your doctor or nutritionist before making any changes to your diet or attempting to gain weight.
You might also like:
Dieting makes you gain weight2009-12-11 11:33:51 by snimral
In the long run. We have done Weight Watchers more than once, and we regained the weight each time.
You're lucky the Atkins diet didn't kill you. It probably did kill a lot of people.
The other thing that has helped me a lot is my kitchen scale. We weigh out the portions of spagetti and rice.
I think that portion creep is a culprit.
What about filling up on fresh fruit and vegetables?
Weight gain has more to do with diet2006-10-13 18:46:02 by DjArcadian
Weight gain/loss is 70% diet and 30% exercise. You don't gain weight merely from less exercise. You could sit on your ass for an extra year and not gain a pound if you adjusted your diet accordingly. Usually limiting yourself to around 1800 calories a day give or take.
Examine your diet. Record calories and see how much you're consuming. After figuring that out try and adjust your diet to reduce the calories. I usually eat a lot of lean meats mixed with lots of vegetables. It's very healthy, fills you up and keeps the weight in check.
Bicycling may not be as aerobic as running but it's certainly not the cause.
Eat uncooked vegetables, I Guarantee-lose weight2009-12-11 09:53:25 by woubehue
The Fructose chemical in Pepsi, Coka-cola makes you gain weight. Maybe you don't Know about? The chemical, Aspartame in most Diet drinks will cause you heart attacks and eventually kill you. Again, force yourself to eat as much uncooked green vegetables for as long as you can handle it. Then go have a burger or pork chops for a "Break". Then when you had your fill(of Hamburgers, Pork Chops, and 95% of all meat) of the Human Growth Hormones(this chemical also causes you to gain weight also) but again you don't know that-do you? Then go back and eat the uncooked vegetables again until you are ready to burst
Antidepressant weight gain not normal2010-10-29 23:08:04 by -
There's no way that antidepressant induced weight gain is just another normal weight gain.
After having reduced fat in my diet, for instance drinking fat free milk, reduced soda intake, increased fiber intake significantly, added some more fruit and vegetables to my diet, eating only leaner meats and more .What's happened? I've grown larger fat tits, and my stomach has more and more cellulites. In addition to the improved diet, I'm walking more than ever.
There's no way antidepressant induced fat is simply because we eat more. But that's what they say, so they can blame us, instead of the medicines