Vegetables diet to detox
- With Mayo Clinic nutritionist
Katherine Zeratsky, R.D., L.D.
Subscribe to Housecall
Our weekly general interest
e-newsletter keeps you up to date on a wide variety of health topics.
- Colditz GA. Healthy diet in adults. Accessed Jan. 24, 2012.
- Mishori R, et al. The dangers of colon cleansing. Journal of Family Practice. 2010;60:454.
- Detoxification. Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database. Accessed Jan. 24, 2012.
- Eaton DC, et al. Renal functions, anatomy, and basic processes. In: Eaton DC, et al. Vander's Renal Physiology. 7th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2009. Accessed Jan. 24, 2012.
- Barrett KE. Functional anatomy of the liver and biliary system. In: Barrett KE. Gastrointestinal Physiology. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Medical Companies; 2006. Accessed Jan. 24, 2012.
- Position of the American Dietetic Association: Food and nutrition misinformation. Journal of the American Dietetic Association. 2006;106:601.
- Duyff RL. Healthful eating: The basics. In: Duyff RL. American Dietetic Association Complete Food and Nutrition Guide. 3rd ed. Hoboken, N.J.: John Wiley & Sons; 2006:48.
- Colon and liver detoxification. Pharmacist's Letter/Prescriber's Letter. 2010;26:260211.
The Beauty Detox Foods: Discover the Top 50 Beauty Foods That Will Transform Your Body and Reveal a More Beautiful You
You might also like:
Seriously - detox diets are a myth2008-07-21 21:22:06 by ---
And most responses you get here will PROBABLY support eating a generally healthy, varied diet rich in vegetables, fruit, and fiber. You have organs DESIGNED to clear toxins from your body - that is what they DO. Detox diets tend to involve clearing LOTS of matter from your intestines, so while it may look like you're excreting a lot of back-up stuff, you aren't actually expelling toxins from your body - i.e. just pooping a lot.
10 detox tips2007-05-09 12:26:30 by NomDeKeyz
10 Ways to Help Your Body Detoxify
After a detoxification program, you can cleanse your body daily through diet, supplements and lifestyle practices.
1. Eat plenty of fiber, including brown rice and organically-grown fresh fruits and vegetables. Beets, radishes, artichokes, cabbage, broccoli, spirulina, chlorella, and eaweed are excellent detoxifying foods.
2. Cleanse and protect the liver by taking herbs such as dandelion root, burdock and milk thistle, and drinking green tea.
3. Take vitamin C, which helps the body produce glutathione, a liver compound that drives away toxins
Martha's Vineyard 21 Day & 21lbs Diet Detox2007-07-03 09:19:42 by emotionaleater
I purchased the book and the supplements. Its is a detox that also has shown to cause the people on this detox to loose weight. This is the schedule I have to follow.
8.30AM 1 8oz glass/bottle of water with 1 scoop of Essential Greens in one of the following
flavors; Natural, Apple/Banana or Very Berry
1 enzyme capsule
3 capsules of Inner Cleanse (day time tablets**)
1 cup of hot herbal tea (lemon and stevia can be added)
1 glass/bottle of water
9.30AM 1 8oz glass/bottle of water
1 8oz glass of hot or iced herbal tea (lemon and stevia can be added)
HELP! I'm going crazy by trying to detox my body2005-05-11 12:49:22 by ------
I'm on a very restricted diet (YES, I know diets are bad and are a fad- but this is just a detox)of: fruits, vegetables, nuts,rice and beans. So I decided to do a sought of spring cleaning to my body (I'm also trying to stay away from meat because of so many reasons-ethical and health). And I didn't think it would be that bad because I love fruits and vegetables...I eat them all of the time.
The problem that I am having is that I am getting tired of eating just fruits and vegetables (I won't eat anything processed or canned). I'm trying to think of other choices that I have.