Veg Diet Recipes Indian
If you like Indian food spices such as curry or ginger, you'll love this recipe of mixed carrots, peas and potatoes simmered in a generous amount of aromatic Indian spices. This recipe for curried Indian mixed veggies is both vegetarian and vegan. If you don't happen to have all of the spices on hand, feel free to skip one or two, but anymore than that and you will miss the authentic Indian flavor of this dish.
See also: More Easy Indian Recipes
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp margarine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 onions, diced
- 4 tomatoes, chopped or one 12 oz can diced tomatoes
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 cup peas
- 2 potatoes, chopped into one inch pieces
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup water
Lose Weight & Gain Muscle - High Protein Vegetarian Breakfast Recipes (protein for vegetarians)
You might also like:
Lifelong vegetarian here2013-05-24 17:04:26 by poorteacher
My stupid computer erased the nice response I was crafting, so I'm posting an abbreviated rewritten version:
1. Look to recipes that HAPPEN to be meatless rather than veg cookbooks.
2. Second others' suggestions about ethnic cuisines, especially Indian--I've also had luck with Greek (there's a good veg. Greek cookbook available too).
3. In helping others out who are starting a veg diet later in life, I've convinced people to make good starches to go with their foods--that seems for some reason to make people miss meat less (you'd think protein would fulfill that function, but it doesn't seem to).
The New Glucose Revolution Low GI Vegetarian Cookbook: 80 Delicious Vegetarian and Vegan Recipes Made Easy with the Glycemic Index
Book (Da Capo Press)