Fruit and Veg juice diet recipes
1. Add in some fruit or carrots to sweeten up your greens and mellow out the taste. People on raw food diets or juicing aficionados won't only put unpeeled carrots into the juicer; they'd also add in some greens and other vegetables like cucumbers and celery. If you want a sweeter blend,add in an apple or pear to your juice. That will not only add flavor,but will boost the vitamins and mineral content of your vegetable juice.
2. Go fresh,go organic. If you can,choose fresh,organic vegetables and fruits for your vegetable juicing recipes. Fresh means more nutritional value and tastier juices,and organic means healthier drinks as these weren't sprayed with chemical pesticides. Fresh and organic vegetables are more consistent with your health goals.
3. It’s best to leave the skins on in juicing vegetable recipes,that’s where much of the nutritional value is. Your juicer will shred and break down the skins and extract all that nutritional goodness for you to enjoy.
4. Get a good juicer to get the most out of vegetable juicing recipes.You want to get as much juice from your fruits and vegetables as you can,while preserving the vitality they contain. Some juicers may produce better juice,but can be more difficult to clean,so think about what will work best for you. It’s better to juice every day with a slightly inferior juicer than once a week with a great juicer. The most important thing is that any juicer you purchase should have the capability to juice leafy greens. A juicer that can juice greens along with fruits and hard vegetables might cost a little more,but juicing greens is the secret to good health. Hurom makes a vertical slow juicer that is a great value,reliable,and easy to clean. It’s the one I have at home that gets used the most.
5. Vary your ingredients. Be creative with your vegetable juicing recipes not only for your palate’s sake,but for the nutritional value that variety will bring you. Let your imagination run wild and over time work towards drinking plenty of green juices as they are packed full of nutrition,have low sugar content,and can help alkalize your body. Read more on the importance of alkalizing your body.
6. Get started now! Even if you can only afford the cheapest juicer buy it now and get started.
There's no hard-and-fast rule on vegetable juicing. You can try different fruits and vegetable mixes,get used to the taste and experiment with the variety of flavors and sensations you get. Here are a few basic recipes to get you started.The juicing recipes below are mainly vegetable juices,but if you are interested in fruit juice recipes then take a look here. fruit juice recipes
Iq options Iqoptions South africa
You might also like:
I"m about 75% raw...2009-01-10 17:03:21 by veggirl77
Fruit, vegetables, nuts, seeds........and that doesn't mean a plate of vegetables or a salad.
There are fantastic "raw" recipes for "lasagne", wraps, nut "cheese", veggie burgers, breads, soup, desserts, etc.
I also drink a smoothie daily made with "Nutabiotic" brown ric protein that I mix with fruit and flax seeds.
There are a lot of living/raw foods websites out there. Check them out. (I have a few recipes on my website,
I happen to a raw food cafe near my home in Hilltown, PA that I frequent a lot.
"Arnolds", which is my favorite place to eat, makes the best wraps and smoothies!! A new place just opened in Bethlehem, PA called the "Wildflower Cafe" that I have not been to yet, but will one of these days
HI! My thoughts:2010-07-06 07:35:11 by speakingbluntly
I too think you need to educate yourself about HEALTHY eating. The sugar, and lack of nutrients, in the smoothie has been addressed.
Some other examples/traps:
I used to think fruit was like vegetables, that you could pretty much eat all you wanted. Not true. A lot of fruits are pretty high in calories, proportion wise, because of the natural sugars. Go to a calorie site and list the fruits you eat, then put the portion size and calories down. Just be aware of much you are eating and what the total calories are.
Salads: yes, salads can be healthy and be a good 'diet' food