Fruits and nuts diet
Mediterranean Diet Basics
The basics of the Mediterranean diet can be broken into 9 important areas of change for your health:
1. Vegetables - This one's pretty easy. It’s hard to eat too many vegetables...
2. Legumes - Making beans your choice for a starch...
3. Fruits and nuts - Fruit is the perfect snack...
4. Cereals- Whole grains are really good for you...
5. Fish - More fish, less meat...
6. Olive oil - This really means eating more monounsaturated fat...
7. Dairy products - The traditional Mediterranean diet doesn’t have dairy products as a major focus...
8. Meats - Less meat and lean meats...
9. Alcohol - There is good evidence that moderate use of alcohol is good for you...
Need more information? Read about the research!
Timothy S. Harlan,M.D. tells you what to eat and when in order to eat healthier,lose weight,and keep it off - permanently!
With The Dr. Gourmet Diet Plan,you'll create a two-week custom meal plan including breakfast,lunch and dinner, for yourself or your entire family - even kids under 14! NO making separate meals. Online planner includes:
1. Automated shopping lists - Just print and shop for the next two weeks of meals.
2. Frozen meal options for lunch or dinner such as Lean Cuisine or Weight Watchers.
3. Easy,delicious recipes,with leftovers for lunches or later in the week.
4. Options for allergies and special diets,including:
- Vegetarian (lacto-ovo) Low sodium
- Lactose intolerance
- Coumadin (warfarin) use
- GERD / Acid Reflux
- Gluten allergies (Celiac disease).
- Diabetes: All meal plans are safe for type 2 diabetics because they are based on the Mediterranean Diet,which is known to be the best diet for type 2 diabetics.
5. Combine special needs if needed: low sodium and lactose intolerant? Coumadin and celiac disease? Just select the options and get your delicious meal plan!
Other Web sites charge you as much as $29.95 per month for this service,but Just Tell Me What to Eat: The Dr. Gourmet Diet Plan is completely free. (We don't even ask for your credit card information.)
Fruit is the perfect snack. Sweet and satisfying,it’s important to keep your fridge full of apples,pears and oranges so that you always have something. While drinking juice is OK,actually eating a piece of fruit is likely better for you and more satisfying.
Nuts are great for you. They do have a lot of calories,but even though most of the calories come from fat it is the good monounsaturated fat that you want in your diet. There is in fact good research that if you replace a two ounce cookie with two ounces of nuts you won’t gain weight (even though the nuts may have more calories).
Information about some of the fruits and nuts used in my recipes:
Pumpkin Seeds / Pepitas
KIND Fruit & Nut, Fruit & Nut Delight, All Natural, Gluten Free Bars (Pack of 12)
You might also like:
Highly controversial in fitness and nutrition2008-01-17 07:13:21 by mycologicalmania
Circles, but I find what I have learned through the eat right for your type to hold true. Here is a brief over view:
Blood Type O should basically stick to a high protein diet (including red meat), low carbs, fruits and vegetables. Cut out wheat and most other grains, corn, and avoid dairy products and most nuts. Must engage in vigorous physical exercise.
Blood Type A must ideally be vegetarian - high carbohydrate, low fat. Basically, stick to fruits and vegetables. This blood type is supposed to have relatively thicker blood, and a sensitive immune system. Must not consume dairy products, animal fat and meat
Zupreem Nut Blend Diet for Medium/Large Birds, 3.25-Pound
Pet Products (Monster Pets)
Pure Bar Organic Variety Pack, Raw Fruit & Nut Bars, 1.7-Ounce Bars (Pack of 12)
Grocery (Pure Bar)
Fabulous Gluten Free Cake Recipes: Chocolate, Fruit Or Nut, Whatever Flavor That You Have A Craving For